Top tips for a Valentine's Day to remember
Provided by: Hallmark Cards PLC
Choosing the proper gift, card or sentiment during Valentine's Day is a challenge regardless of how long you've been one-half of a "couple." Marketers try to sell a concept and friends give (un)wanted advice while you rack your brain trying to figure out what to do.
But all is not lost.
Kendra Keller knows a thing or two about romance as she is the Head of Romance at Hallmark Cards in the UK. Keller reveals some romance tips which will take you to the top of the class come Valentine's Day:
- A Valentine's card, whether it's cute, classy, traditional or tacky, is considered the most important item to receive on Valentine's Day - don't neglect such a simple touch! Upload photographs through an online service to make it extra special.
- A home-made gift shows thought, consideration and creativity- think along the lines of home-made muffins, a personalized photo frame (so they can frame your thoughtful personalized Valentine's card of course!) or a delicious three course dinner for extra brownie points.
- What you write in your personalized Valentine's day card says way more about your relationship than what you buy.
- Personalized messages and private jokes show openness and the ability to be honest about your feelings, but remember to keep it clean as other people may well end up reading it!
- If you want to write a poem, avoid channeling your inner cheese and remember it doesn't have to rhyme to be romantic – so just give it a go.
- Dream dates are all about personal touches and don't just have to be about wining and dining, and splashing the cash!
- Personal grooming should be a given- but a bit of effort (a nice new shirt/haircut/new underwear) will not go unnoticed and get you extra brownie points, boys and girls!
- A home-cooked meal, foot massage, bubble bath or even agreeing to watch football/ Desperate Housewives are all activities that are easily achievable and just as effective as candy hearts and roses.
- Why not create a personalized invitation for your date to make it really different?
Sad to say, there isn't a correct answer or cheat sheet for this major test. However, if you give yourself a little time before the big day and reflect, you'll definitely make this year's Valentine's Day one of the best.