All-natural Christmas ornaments
By Scott Meeks
Apple sauce and cinnamon – yes, they taste great together. But these two festive ingredients are also a perfect match when it comes to making all-natural holiday ornaments. Not only are these CINNAMON GINGERBREADS absolutely adorable, but they'll make your home smell AMAZINGLY warm and "cinnamony" throughout the entire holiday season.
Ingredients & Supplies
½ cup of ground cinnamon (plus a few teaspoons for sprinkling)
½ cup of applesauce
½ teaspoon ginger (optional)
½ teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
Gingerbread cookie cutters
1) In a bowl, combine cinnamon, applesauce, ginger and nutmeg until it forms a dough. You might need to add a touch more cinnamon.
2) Shake some cinnamon out onto the counter.
3) Plop your dough onto the counter and roll it out until it's about a ¼ of an inch thick. You may need to add more cinnamon to the top of the dough to keep it from getting too wet and sticky.
4) Use gingerbread cookie cutters to cut out your ornaments.
5) Before you move them to a wire rack, use a chopstick to put a hole in the top of each ornament.
6) With a spatula, move your cinnamon ornaments to a wire rack.
7) Let them air dry for about 3 days.
9) String some ribbon through the hole and hang on your holiday tree!
This dough makes 4 gingerbread ornaments.