The Lake City Fire Company was called to a fire at an apartment Monday evening.

The flames broke out in the kitchen of a residence in the home on the 2100 block of Main street just before 6 p.m.

A homeowner was cooking dinner when it caught fire, according to investigators.

Everyone got out safely. The fire was quickly put out.

The home did not suffer any structure damage.

Copyright 2017 Erie News Now. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.