Free Narcan to be Distributed Dec. 13 in Pennsylvania to Stop Overdoses
The Wolf Administration is distributing free naloxone, better known as narcan, to any Pennsylvanian who wants it at nearly 80 locations across the state on Thursday, Dec. 13 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
It's part of ongoing efforts to reduce the number of opioid overdoses and help people get treatment.
Naloxone is a medication that can reverse an opioid overdose by blocking the effects of the drug on the brain.
Since November 2014, more than 20,000 people have been revived with naloxone by police officers and EMS providers across the state.
- Blasco Library
- Crawford County State Health Center – 847 N. Main St., Suite 101, Meadville, PA 16335
- Warren County State Health Center – 2027 Pennsylvania Ave. East, Warren, PA 16365
- Venango County State Health Center – 3298 State Route 257, Seneca, PA 16346
- McKean County State Health Center – 84-90 Boylston St., Bradford, PA 16701
- Mercer County State Health Center – 25 McQuiston Dr., Jackson Center, PA 16133