Homemade snack bar
By Heather Bauer, R.D., nu-train
Though there are definitely snack bars out there that taste good and are fairly balanced, sometimes you like to know exactly what's going in your bar. This recipe is easy and fits all of our requirements for being a balanced snack bar. Best of all, it tastes good!
3 ½ cups quick oats
1 ½ cups powdered non-fat milk
4 scoops chocolate or vanilla protein powder
¼ cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup sugar-free maple syrup
2 egg whites
¼ cup orange juice
1 tsp Vanilla
¼ cup natural applesauce
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and blend well.
- In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, egg whites, orange juice, vanilla, and applesauce.
- Stir wet mixture (step 3) into dry mixture (step 2).
- Spread mixture evenly onto a sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake until edges are crisp and brown.
- Cut into 10 bars.
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrates: 27g