WICU/WSEE/Lilly Broadcasting is seeking a full-time IT Engineer that is self-motivated with organizational skills, independent judgement and problem solving capability. The position is responsible for providing IT technical support in a dynamic changing TV/OTT/radio broadcast environment.
- Interface with users, technicians, engineers, vendors and other technical maintenance personnel to install, update and debug automated systems.
- Provide day to day support of servers, workstations, network and other equipment
- Including but not limited to: Accounting software, Antivirus, Anti-spam, Backups, E-mail, Firewalls, Routers, Switches, etc.
- Develop test routines and monitoring solutions.
- Implementing necessary updates and upgrades to existing equipment and software
- Document support procedures specific to systems to be utilized by the Technical Maintenance and Engineering departments.
- Assist Engineering staff with installing, maintaining and troubleshooting all current broadcast technology and news gathering equipment.
- Work closely with the Engineering, IT and technical support staff. Effectively communicate the status of problems, provide progress updates on projects and offer solutions to technical issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field preferred.
- At least 2 years work experience in configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and general upkeep of Windows based environment is required.
- Project planning and organizational skills for reviewing and collaborating with members of the engineering team and other departments.
- Experience or knowledge of logical concept with a programming language.
- Must be able and willing to work different shifts in emergency situations and be flexible with schedule, which will include holidays or on call.
- Must have valid Driver’s License as some travel may be required upon request to remote locations including but not limited to, microwave receive sites, fiber hub sites, cable head ends and other Lilly Broadcasting properties.
- Must have excellent time management, oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to quickly troubleshoot problems.
Proven experience with installing, managing and administrating the following:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 or newer
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (7/10)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 or newer
- VMWare ESXi
- Network routers, switches and access points
- Adobe CC Suite or similar
The following skills are a plus:
- Understanding different video codecs, closed captioning, ip based video streaming.
- Experience with different video processing systems and video hosting platforms.
- Experience with broadcast technology which includes, but is not limited to: video cameras, audio/video transport equipment, hardware, information technology, antennas, receivers/decoders and other broadcast-related applications.
Send resume to [email protected]