Successful candidates should have familiarity with radio broadcast operations including maintenance of broadcast automation and studio equipment and transmitter site RF equipment and possess strong computer/IT skills. Successful applicant would be part of a regional team responsible for all operational aspects of a large market operation.
- Maintain traditional radio and digital broadcasting electronic systems and equipment including, but not limited to, RF switchers, transmitters, transceivers, studio consoles and associated audio equipment.
- Exude superior customer service, fostering teamwork and leading by example.
- Must be able to appropriately handle confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Assist and coordinate all duties with engineering management. Maintain, calibrate, repair, track repair, and replace (as necessary) all broadcast equipment.
- Assist the IT department in the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computer and networking equipment, including infrastructure, interconnectivity, end-user workstations, and software.
- Install, maintain, and support transmitters and transmission systems, satellite systems, studio links, generators, LIPS, remote control, and broadcast automation equipment for optimum performance.
- Coordinate with the remote broadcast team to assist with site coordination, timely broadcast equipment setup, operation, troubleshooting, and tear down as needed.
- Learn to operate all station equipment, including all related test equipment, and train others as necessary.
- Respond to equipment outages, malfunctions, and related technical problems at the studio, transmitter, and translator locations promptly. Varied and extended hours may include some weekends, holidays, on-call, and required travel when emergencies or failure of critical equipment occurs, affecting the operation of the stations.
- Conduct routine diagnostic testing, repair and replacement of all equipment used for radio stations broadcasts.
- Assist with business continuity planning, dissemination, and implementation.
- Support documentation of equipment installation, wiring, maintenance, repair, and replacement.
- Maintain an up-to-date spare parts.
- Assist with the training, proper operation, and maintenance of company vehicles according to station and company guidelines.
- Manage and maintain clear communication of any issues that affect safety, legal compliance, or that could impact daily operations.
- Assist in maintaining station compliance with FCC, OSHA, FEMA, and FAA regulations.
- Additional duties are assigned as necessary.
Send your resume to [email protected].