Rescan Day for WSEE - CBS, CW and Erie News Now Plus
If you watch WSEE over-the-air with an antenna, you will need to rescan your television set or converter box on Dec. 12, 2018 in order to continue watching CBS (35.1), CW (35.2) and Erie News Now Plus (35.3). WSEE is changing frequencies on that date at 12:01 a.m., but once you rescan, you will still be able to watch the same great programming on the same channels. Our new and improved signal will make it easier for many viewers to enjoy our channels. Cable and satellite viewers will NOT be affected.
What Should I Do?
If you rely on an antenna to watch free, over-the-air television, you will need to rescan your television set or converter box. Rescanning is when your TV finds all of the available channels in your area. You do not need to purchase new equipment or services. If you are a cable or satellite subscriber, you do not need to take action.
Because stations are required to move at different times, you may need to rescan more than once. If you haven't rescanned your TV recently, you may discover TV channels that you didn't know you were missing.
How to Rescan Your Antenna TV
- Select Scan or Autotune from your TV or converter box control menu to start the scanning process.
- Your TV will do the rest. This process usually takes a few minutes to complete.
Once your rescan is complete, you will still find your favorite stations on the same channel number as before. If you have rescanning difficulties, you can usually find instructions by selecting the Set-Up or Menu button on your television or converter box remote control.
Still having issues? Consult the TV or converter box owner's manual for detailed instructions on how to run a channel scan, or contact customer service for your TV, antenna or converter box manufacturer.
Television and Antenna Manufacturer Resources
Because specific rescan procedures may vary, we have provided the following links to the online support pages for many popular brands:
- Channel Master Antennas
- DISH Network DTVPAL
- Elemental (includes channel scan video instructions)
- Funai (includes support manuals for Sylvania, Emerson, Durabrand, Symphonic and Funai television sets)
- Insignia (includes YouTube video)
- Magnavox (This will redirect you to the Funai website.)
- Symphonic (This will redirect you to the Funai website.)
Adapted from TVAnswers.org