Old Wiring Causes East Erie House Fire - Erie News Now | WICU & WSEE in Erie, PA

Old Wiring Causes East Erie House Fire

Posted: Updated:
 An Erie home on at E. 24th and Ash Street caught fire today Fire inspector John Widomski says old knob and tube wiring is to blame.

The smoke could be seen from blocks away. One man and three kids lived in the home at 2410 Ash Street.

Widomski says the fire started in the attic. The old knob and tube wiring caused the floor between the second story and attic to ignite.

 "First crew arrived, they found heavy smoke  from the attic, pushing out the attic windows from underneath the shingles. They made a quick attack on it, had it knocked down in about 10 minutes and damage didn't go beyond the attic," said Mike Balliett, Erie's assistant fire chief.

No one was hurt, but the house will have its electricity kept off until the wiring problem is fixed. 
Powered by Frankly
3514 State St. Erie, PA 16508
Newsroom: (814) 454-8812
Business offices: (814) 454-5201
Share Stories
Submit your stories to our site!
Share Photos
Share your photos in our community galleries
RSS Feeds
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WICU. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
                   WICU/WSEE - 3514 State Street Erie, PA 16508 - (814) 454-5201 - info@wicu12.com