Erie Catholic Diocese Updates List of Clergy, Laypersons Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse
The Erie Catholic Diocese has updated its list of clergy and laypersons who are credibly accused of actions that the Diocese believes disqualifies them from working with children.
Two lay persons and one priest, all of whom are deceased, have been added to the list. Another deceased priest is under investigation.
All of the allegations date from the 1950s, 60s and 70s.
One additional lay person is under investigation, and another is awaiting trial.
New names added to the list (deceased)
- Father Raymond Balko, OSB - Was able to function (abuse reported after death)
- David Geitner - Former lay teacher
- James Hewitt - Former lay teacher
New names under investigation
- Msgr. Joseph Reszkowski - deceased
Modifications made to existing names on the list:
- Charles R. “Rick” Cooper - Clarification of name
- Father David Dobrowolski - Removed “abuse reported after death.” New information confirms allegations had been submitted but were not on record.
- Father Herber Gloekler - Removed “abuse reported after death.” New information confirms allegations had been submitted but were not on record
- Father Charles Schmitt - Moved from under investigation to credible
- John Tome - Moved from under investigation to credible
- Robert Visznecki - Former parish volunteer
You can see the earlier list with the rest of the names here.