Teacher Arrested for Bringing Meth into Warren County School Posts Bond
The Warren County teacher arrested for bringing drugs, including meth and marijuana, into school is free after posting $35,000 bond Tuesday, according to court records.
Matthew R. Kiser, 43, had been in the Warren County Jail since he was arraigned April 16 on charges for drug possession and paraphernalia, corruption of minors, endangering the welfare of children, recklessly endangering another person and possession of a weapon on school property.
The investigation started after City of Warren Police and the Warren County School District received an anonymous tip that a Beaty Warren Middle School teacher was using controlled substances and paraphernalia during school hours, according to the criminal complaint.
Investigators said he placed students at Beaty Middle School in danger by bringing a bookbag, which contained meth, THC vape cartridges, pills and other drug paraphernalia, into the school. A meth pipe, box cutter knife and nicorette were also found in his desk drawer, according to police.
Kiser admitted to having drugs in his backpack during an interview with police and told officers there may be possible syringes along with paraphernalia and residue from controlled substances in his vehicle.
Conewango Township Police K9 Nic sniffed Kiser's backpack and SUV and indicated the presence of drugs.
Investigators said they recovered the following:
- 2.2 grams of meth
- 75 grams of marijuana
- Fluoxetine bottle containing 59 white pills (Asprin and oxycodone hydrochloride)
- Plastic baggie containing 12 small, white round pills (Baclofen), one whole and one-half white pills (Tizanidine Hydrochloride)
- Plastic baggie containing 12 Aspirin oxycodone hydrochloride pills
- Plastic baggie with a half-orange, half-white caplet pill Vyvanse
- Plastic baggie containing two orange/white caplets of 30mg Vynase, two blue round pills, one white oval pill, one large red tablet (Quetiapine)
- Baggie containing 17 yellow round pills (Cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride), three orange round pills (Cycloben hydrochloride), seven light orange pills and one white round pill
- Altiods can containing 1 orange, white 30mg Vyvanse; one white pill; and 1/2 Asprin oxycodone pill
- Drug paraphernalia
- Blue, swirl-glass marijuana pipe
- Blue razor scraper
- Two hose clamp grinders
- Seven plastic straws
- Seven small, clear plastic bags
- Six large, clear plastic bags
- Two butane torches
- One butane canister
- Three vaping devices
- Maroon AWS scale with 100mg weight
Kiser has also retained a private attorney, court records show.
His preliminary hearing has been continued and is now set for May 8.