Carbon Monoxide Leak Forces Days Inn to Evacuate
Multiple fire companies are on the scene of a carbon monoxide leak at the Days Inn at 7415 Schultz Rd. in Summit Township.
According to our reporter on the scene, carbon monoxide detectors went off after registering very high levels of the colorless, odorless gas.
At least one person, an adult female was transported to the hospital to be evaluated.
Volunteers from Perry Highway, Belle Valley, McKean, and Kuhl Hose responded. They went door to door to get the guests out of their rooms.
Dispatchers at the Erie County 911 Center confirm that 93 adults and 11 children had to evacuate for their safety.
The hotel is closed until further notice.
Some guests are upset, telling Erie News Now that they will not be able to get their money back for 3-5 business days and they are now forced to try and find another hotel room for the holiday weekend.
Firefighters are working to ventilate the hotel rooms.
They are accompanying guests one by one to get their belongings out of the rooms.
National Fuel officials have responded to the scene to shut of the gas and investigate what caused the leak.