Hamot Health Foundation Directing Erie Gives Donations to Family of Daycare Fire Victims, First Responders
The Hamot Health Foundation is directing its Erie Gives Day donations to help the families of the five children who died in Sunday's daycare fire, as well as the first responders.
The Foundation said the tragedy hits home with the UPMC Hamot family; long-time employee Shebby Overton lost four grandchildren in the fire.
The decision was also made because first responders are dealing with serious emotional trauma from the fire. The hospital's emergency physicians and staff, along with law enforcement, firefighters and paramedics, were all involved in efforts to save the lives of the children, according to the Foundation.
It has already committed the first $5,000 to the cause.
Anyone interested in helping can donate by check Aug. 12 and 13. You can drop your check off at the Hamot Health Foundation office, 302 French St., Erie, PA 16507. Make your check payable to The Erie Community Foundation. The check must be accompanied by this check donation form.
You can also donate online here Tuesday, Aug. 13 between the hours of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Five Children Dead Following Fire at Erie Home that Operated as a Daycare
- Lawrence Park Firefighter Loses Three Children in Daycare Fire
- Grieving Mother of Children Killed in Daycare Fire Provides Response, Shares Photos
- Harris Family Daycare: Giving You the Business
- Daycare Considered Moving Before Fatal Fire Killed 5 Kids
- Erie's Public Schools Issues Statement on Deadly Daycare Fire