Mother of Four Children Killed in Fire Visits Daycare Owner Hospitalized in Pittsburgh
The mother of four children who died following Sunday's fire visited the daycare owner who has been hospitalized in Pittsburgh from injuries she suffered from the fire.
Elaine Harris, who owns Harris Family Daycare that operated from the W. 11 St. home, has regained consciousness. She reportedly suffered burns from smoke inhalation and was taken by medical helicopter from UPMC Hamot Trauma Center to Mercy Hospital Burn Unit in Pittsburgh.
Shavona Overton told Erie News Now Tuesday she got a chance to visit Harris at the hospital in Pittsburgh. For the first time, Harris was told all five children lost their lives after being trapped for a time in the smoky house fire, and both hugged and cried.
Overton's four kids - La'Myhia Jones, 8; Luther Jones Jr., 6; Ava Jones, 4; and Jaydan Augustyniak, 9 months - were killed in the fire. They will be remembered in a funeral service at Second Baptist Church on Saturday. Viewing will be from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. with the funeral service beginning at noon.
- Five Children Dead Following Fire at Erie Home that Operated as a Daycare
- Family of Four Daycare Fire Victims Shares Grief
- Lawrence Park Firefighter Loses Three Children in Daycare Fire
- Grieving Mother of Children Killed in Daycare Fire Provides Response, Shares Photos
- Mother of Two Year Old Who Died in Fire Shares Pictures
- Aunt of Victims Talks About Night of Fatal Fire
- Funeral Planned Saturday for Four of the Five Child Fire Victims
- WATCH: Interviews with Family of Children Killed in Daycare Fire
- Harris Family Daycare: Giving You the Business
- Daycare Considered Moving Before Fatal Fire Killed 5 Kids
- State Sen. Laughlin Calls for Investigation into Daycare Facility's License
- No Cause Yet in Fire That Claimed the Lives of Five Children
- Erie's Public Schools Issues Statement on Deadly Daycare Fire
- Hamot Health Foundation Directing Erie Gives Donations to Family of Daycare Fire Victims, First Responders
- Country Fair to Donate Proceeds from Coffee Sales to Families of Daycare Fire Victims
- Donations Collected for Daycare Fire Victims' Families: How You Can Help
- Erie Daycare Reacts to Fatal Fire
- Lake Erie Bulldogs Show Support After Loss