See Proposed Improvements to the Bayfront Parkway
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) has posted copies of its leading alternatives for the Bayfront Parkway Central Corridor improvement project.
The plans, which were presented at the public meeting held last week, are being considered to address pedestrian and bicyclists access along the Bayfront Central Corridor.
The intersections of the Bayfront Parkway and Sassafras St. Ext., State St. and Holland St. could see upgrades.
The leading alternative includes:
- Proposed multi-lane roundabout and pedestrian bridge at Sassafras Street Extension.
- Proposed grade separation and pedestrian bridge at State Street, including a traditional signalized intersection and a path for through traffic on the Bayfront to travel below the intersection.
- Proposed multi-lane roundabout and pedestrian bridge at Holland Street.
- Sidewalk and cross walk upgrades throughout the length of the project, including a sidewalk leading from the bluff to Water Works Road.
- Multi-use trail connecting the existing trail network, downtown and the waterfront.
- Possible elevated pedestrian bridge over the railroad tracks near the Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Home.
You can learn more about the project and provide your feedback here.