Recipes: Steak Chili, Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, Grilled Strawberry Shortcake Skewers
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin or ribeye, diced into 3/4-inch cubes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-3 jalapeños, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans -or- black beans -or- chili beans, drained and rinsed
- Shredded jalapeño Monterey jack cheese, for serving
- Jalapeño cornbread, for serving
Season stew meat with salt and pepper, to taste.
Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat. Add stew meat and sear until browned, about 2 minutes.
Add onion, garlic and jalapeños, and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, beans and 1-2 cups water, making sure to cover most of the ingredients.
Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until meat is tender, about 90-120 minutes.
Serve immediately with jalapeño Monterey jack cheese and cornbread. If you decided to add all types of beans, please, sleep in the other room.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Yield: 12-15 meatballs
- 1.75 pounds chicken (boneless & skinless)
- 2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. Minced garlic
- 1 ½ cups parmesan cheese
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- ¾ cup Hot Sauce
- ½ cup Butter
- Blue cheese dressing
Place chicken and egg in food processor and chop.
Combine with breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, parmesan, blue cheese and Italian seasoning.
Form into golf ball size meatballs (appx. 12-15 meatballs). Place three meatballs together on a skewer. (always remember to soak your skewers for at least 30 minutes)
Place on 375° grill over indirect heat, turning every 4-5 minutes. Cook until they are firm to the touch and reach an internal temperature of 165°.
Heat hot sauce and butter in saucepan until melted and fully combined to make Buffalo Sauce. Baste meatballs with Buffalo Sauce.
Serve with blue cheese dressing….NOT RANCH!
Grilled Strawberry Shortcake Skewers
- Pound Cake – ½ inch or 1 inch cubes
- Whipped cream
- Strawberry sauce
- Skewers (always remember to soak your skewers for at least 30 minutes)