Erie Teen Who Almost Lost His Life To Vaping Admits To Using THC Pen
Anthony Mayo, 19, was hospitalized due to a lung illness linked to vaping. Mayo is an Iroquois High School graduate and vaped for more than two years; he admitted to mixing different vape pens such like juul, the traditional e-cigarette, and the THC based pen.
"I was using juules and enjoyce which are nicotine and I was also like vaped off the THC carts, I used both at the same time," said Mayo.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention stated that “514 injured patients who reported details on their use of vaping devices and e-liquids, 77% used products that contained THC, alone or combined with nicotine. Only 16% of injured vapers said they used nicotine-only products.”
Anthony Mayo is in recovery and said he struggles to complete his everyday tasks like taking a shower and walking upstairs.