Talking to Your Child About This School Year
Parents and kids alike are anxious as this school year begins.
Parents are wondering if schools will reopen. And, if they do, will they close again if COVID-19 case counts keep rising? Kids are wondering why they can't play on the playground or why they need to wear a mask.
It is important for parents to talk to their kids about the world around them. With everything seemingly out of place, it is up to you to provide your child with a sense of normalcy in a world turned upside-down.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Resources
- Pennsylvania Department of Education: Talking to Children About COVID-19
- National Association of Child Psychologists: Helping Children Cope With Changes Resulting from COVID-19
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Responding to Children's Emotional Needs During Times of Crisis
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Mental Health During COVID-19 - Signs Your Teen May Need More Support
- UNICEF: Supporting Your Child's Mental Health As They Return to School During COVID-19