Erie Digital News Now Highlights: May 9
Tuesday, May 9th 2023, 6:18 PM EDT
Erie Digital News Now Content at your fingertips.
Getting out just in time. A train runs right into a vehicle moments after people escape it.
- Erie News Now has a one-on-one interview with the U.S. Dept. of Transportation Secretary
- Gas prices dip in Western Pennsylvania
- Former longtime Erie Broadcaster Scott Bremner Passes Away
It's No Mow May. The idea behind No Mow May is to leave your lawn alone during the month of May to allow flower growth for pollinators. The idea originated in the United Kingdom.
Trending Weather Stories
- The recent wildfires in Alberta, Canada have created a large swath of smoky skies over the Northeast U.S.
- Exciting news for local pilots, starting as soon as this Sunday, you may start seeing seaplanes landing on Lake Erie and in Presque Isle Bay.
- Waldameer Park opens for the season this weekend, kicking off another year at the Erie-area staple.
- Clean-up continues months after a train carrying toxic chemicals derailed in East Palestine, Ohio.
- May 9 is National Fentanyl Awareness Day, as the fentanyl crisis ratchets up as a political issue, the families devastated by loss are pushing for change.
- Fair wages, that's what longtime Hollywood actress Susan Sarandon was pushing for when she was arrested this week in Albany, New York during a fair wage rally.
Trending Web Stories
Make You Feel Good
- A young soccer fan was brought to tears upon meeting his idol.