Pennsylvania State Police have filed charges against the man who police shot multiple times after he reportedly fired at responding officers in Millcreek Township on Tuesday.

Keegan Baker, 26, faces charges including attempted homicide, attempted murder of a law enforcement officer, assault of a law enforcement officer, aggravated assault, arson, burglary, criminal mischief and recklessly endangering another person. He will be arraigned on the charges following medical treatment.

The incident started just after 3 p.m. Tuesday at 1045 E. Gore Rd. when police were called for a burglary with guns in the home.

The caller told police there was an "unwanted guest" at the residence and safely left, investigators said. When police arrived, they reported Baker was barricaded in the residence, according to troopers.

Officers set up a perimeter around the home, and Baker came out with a pistol in his hand and screamed, "I'll make you famous mother ****er," according to the criminal complaint

Baker fired at officers who then fired back, according to state police.

He was hit multiple times and taken to UPMC Hamot for treatment of gunshot wounds to the abdomen and lower extremities.

Eyewitness video of the incident

 Investigators said an armored vehicle was brought to the scene after learning there were guns in the home and a fire in the residence.

Police on the scene were telling firefighters to hold off until the scene was safe. Firefighters were told to hide behind their rigs while getting their gear and water ready to fight the fire.

It was at about 4:20 p.m. when firefighters were cleared to get to work. By then, there was heavy fire, and firefighters started using an armored vehicle to spray water onto the fire. It's still unclear how the fire started.

A dog was rescued from the fire and revived, fire officials said. It is now in the custody of animal control.

A firefighter suffered a minor injury and was treated on the scene, but no one else was injured in the incident.

The names of the officers involved are not being released because it is an active investigation, according to state police.

One of the residents of the home told investigators Baker is his stepson, and his juvenile grandson contacted him to say Baker was inside the residence, according to state police. Surveillance video from the residence showed Baker kick open the door of the residence and go inside just after 3 p.m. then leave the residence and open fire at police just before 4 p.m., the criminal complaint said.

Investigators interviewed Baker's mother, who told them she received a text message from Baker which said, "I told you. I hope you enjoy the flames." She told troopers Baker previously threatened her, and she contacted Millcreek Police about not wanting Baker at the residence, according to state police. Police took the report Aug. 27 and advised Baker he was not permitted at the residence.

E. Gore Rd. between Lake Pleasant Rd. and Cider Mill Rd. was closed for multiple hours.