Multimedia Journalist (MMJ)
Lilly Broadcasting WICU (NBC) and WSEE (CBS) has a full-time position for a Multimedia Journalist at Erie News Now.
So that’s the position we’re looking for and here’s the real hook! If you love the outdoors, safe communities, low cost of living, easy commutes and job growth, this station is for you!
We are not heat domes, mud slides, hurricanes and more. Sure, we have snow but this community embraces it and has the infrastructure to plow it. It’s rare we get stuck! We cover stories in Northwest, PA but travel to Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Cleveland for big stories that impact us, especially during football season!
The person we’re looking for needs to be a relatable and versatile communicator with strong reporting, writing and shooting skills for all on-air and social platforms. The ideal candidate will need to be community-oriented and ready to handle breaking news situations confidently. We are highly involved in community events and station personal appearances. Other requirements include excellent storytelling/presentation abilities, strong work ethic and sharp interpersonal skills. We need a self-starter and who can generate his or her own story ideas on a daily basis WITH a great attitude.
More job details
- Live shot experience is helpful.
- News writing, shooting and editing your own stories for both on-air and online and help grow our social media platforms.
- Collaborate with producers and management in the development of broadcast content, promotions, and teases.
- Develop and maintain sources that will generate exclusive story content and news reports.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
We give back
Our team works with reporters to help them grow. We creatively critique and have outside consulting to help you grow in every step of your career with us. Old school stuff: We cover your dry cleaning, hair care, still have a clothing allowance and a gym membership!
- At least (1) year of experience preferred.
- Passionate about covering local news.
- Excels in live coverage.
- Yes, can work different shifts.
- A great attitude, lifts others up and is drama-free.
The station is independently-owned and operated by a local family who are longtime broadcasters in our area. Bottom line, they’re from here, they’re invested in the community and they care about their people.
Erie News Now is part of WICU (NBC) and WSEE (CBS) in Erie, Pa., owned by Lilly Broadcasting. Lilly Broadcasting is a family-owned company that operates multiple television and radio stations, a cable network and digital platforms.