Be a Santa for a Senior Program Delivers Holiday Cheer to Erie County Seniors for 18th Year
If you're looking for a way to help others this holiday season, the Be a Santa to a Senior Program could be a good option for you.
At various locations around Erie, the Home Instead Senior Care offices have set up Christmas trees displaying ornaments with the names and requests of some senior members of our community.
The names represent 500 seniors who may not receive a gift at all this season.
By choosing an ornament from the tree, you are committing to purchasing a gift to hopefully brighten someone's spirits this holiday season.
This is the 18th year of the program. Ornaments will be available from November 10 to December 18.
Be a Santa to a Senior Trees can be found at the following locations:
- Eastside YMCA – 2101 Nagle Rd.
- Erie Fitness Now – 20147 West 12th St
- Fitness U & iRock Fitness – 2312 West 15th St
- Manufacturing and Business Association – 2171 W. 38th St
- New York Bagel & Deli – 3270 West Lake Rd
- Northwest Savings Bank – 7512 West Ridge Rd
- Northwest Savings Bank – 850 Pittsburgh Ave
Additionally, a Donation Drive-thru Day will be held at Home Instead's office on Tuesday, Dec. 5 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.