A North East family of six lost everything when their farmhouse went up in flames Tuesday morning.

The fire broke out around 9:40 a.m. at 8780 Smith Road in North East. Family members who were home at the time got out safely.

Firefighters from Fuller, Crescent and Kuhl Hose responded at first, but the home was so heavily enveloped in fire that they needed help from assisting companies as far away as Edinboro.  

Crescent Hose Fire Chief Jack DiOrazio said the fire started accidentally with an electrical appliance.

The family with two adults, three sons ages 7, 9 and 11 and a two month old baby girl are getting help from the Red Cross, Greenfield Baptist Church and the North East 4 N.I.N.E. Thrift Store. 

In addition, a gofundme donation page has been started for the Ken and Veronica Bartlett family.   "Rebuild the Bartlett's" has a goal of raising $15,000.  Significant donations are already coming in.  You can donate by clicking here.